Hello everybody! I’m here today with the Mean Girls Book Tag! This is such an awesome idea because Mean Girls is love, Mean Girls is life. I was tagged by Embuhlee Liest, so thank you! Anyways, let’s get started.
- It’s pronounced like “Cady” – Which fictional characters’ name did you get completely wrong? – It’d have to be Hugo Cabret from The Inventions of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. When I read the book I wasn’t great with names so I used to mispronounce it until I learned.
- She doesn’t even go here! – Pick a fictional character you’d like to place in another fictional character’s world. – Easy. Put the characters from The Infernal Devices into The Mortal Instruments. I’m not going to elaborate on how I think it’ll turn out. All I’ll say is, it’ll be for an interesting read. I just finished City of Fallen Angels which had a lot of references to The Infernal Devices so I was just thinking about what may happen if we crossed the two worlds and the characters.
- On Wednesdays, we wear pink – Repetition, repetition. Which book gave you deja vu of another book? – An Ember in the Ashes reminded me of Red Queen. They both have different story lines and characters but like there were a few things in An Ember in the Ashes that reminded me of Red Queen. I loved both of them though so, yeah.
- You have all got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores. – Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels? –
I’ve never come across a book that gave me the opposite of girl power feels which is good.I’ve not come across a book like this. Yet.
- You go, Glen Coco! – Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading. – Audrey, from Finding Audrey. She suffered from social anxiety and watching her fight her battle just made me want pull out a set of pom-poms and come up with some cliche cheer.
- Get in loser, we’re going shopping! – How long do you typically spend at a book store? – Recently, I’ve been ordering a lot of my books online. However, it depends on why I’m at the book store. If I’m there for something specific, I don’t dawdle so I’m in and out of there. But if I’m there just for the heck of it then maybe 45 minutes to an hour.
- It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something! – Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real? – Oh my god, I’m not voyeuristic when I crush on somebody so no one.
- I can’t help it that I’m popular – Which over-hyped book were you cautious about reading? – The Mortal Instruments, hands down. I was a little unsure about the series because everybody loved it, but I decided to jump on the bandwagon and give it a try. It’s safe to say that I’m obsessed.
- She’s a life ruiner, she ruins people’s lives – We all love Regina George. Name a villian you just love to hate. – Axel Mortmain from The Infernal Devices. God, he was such a badass with his clockwork creatures.
- I’m not like a regular mom, I’m a cool mom – Your favorite fictional parents. – The Bloomwoods from the Shopaholic series. They were so quirky and cute and very supportive of all of Rebecca’s decisions.
- That is so fetch! – Which book or series would you like to catch on to? – The Queen of the Tearling series by Erika Johansen. I’ve heard really great things and the story sounds super interesting so I’m really looking forward to checking it out soon.
- How do I even begin to describe Regina George? – Describe your ideal character to read about. – I don’t really have an ideal character; just want them to well developed and to undergo character development throughout the story.
- I just have a lot of feelings – What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of “the feels”? – Cry all over the pages of my book and then eat some chocolate because chocolate is the answer to everything.
- Nice wig, Janice, what’s it made of? – Your mom’s chest hair! – Which character’s one liners would you love to claim as your own? – Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices. He’s such a sarcastic guy and he’s so witty. I’d love his one liners.
- Boo, you whore! – Name a time a character’s decisions made you roll your eyes. – Rebecca Bloomwood almost all the time in the Shopaholic series. But I still love her and it’s funny and entertaining to watch herself get into sticky situations and then come out of them.
I hope you guys enjoyed this tag! I had a lot of doing it! I tag all of you to do this. See you soon!