Hello, hello! I’m back with another tag! Emily over at Embuhlee Liest tagged me, so thanks for tagging me (check out her post here!) Without wasting any more time, let’s dive right into it!
1. What book have you been unable to finish? – The Giver by Lois Lowry. This book just didn’t appeal to me like it did to everybody else. I’ve never been big on those dystopian, post-apocalyptic/post-war, everything-is-set-for-you societies books where there’s that one kid who’ll challenge all of the absurd rules. This book bored me to no end and I couldn’t get through it. I’ve tried re-reading it but it just doesn’t happen.
What book have you yet to read because…
2. …you just haven’t had the time? – I am choosing the most anticipated book on my shelf right now and that is Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, the first book in The Dark Artifices Trilogy. I’m so darn excited for this book but I haven’t had the time to read it because of finals.
3. …it’s a sequel? – Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. It came in the mail a few days ago and I haven’t gotten around to it because no time and because I don’t want to wait for the next book!
4. …it’s brand new? – Too many books to choose from but I will choose the newest of the new and that is Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. It came in this morning from Amazon and is still sitting in its cellophane wrapping.
5. …you read a book by the same author and didn’t enjoy it? – I would’ve chosen Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because I didn’t like Eleanor & Park, but I read Fangirl so I don’t have an answer for this anymore.
6. …you’re just not in the mood for it? – Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I bought this last summer because everybody was talking about it and it was all the rage but even when I bought it I wasn’t in the mood and even has time gone on, my mood for it just continues to decline.
7. …it’s humongous? – The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton. This book is huge and scary and I’m apprehensive about even ordering for it.
8. …because it was a cover buy that turned out to have bad reviews? – Honestly, I don’t have a book like this on my TBR. I can’t come up with anything at the moment.
9. What is the most intimidating book on your TBR? – Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. This book is kind of big, is content-heavy and one of those books I should’ve read by now. But, after reading about geisha culture in Snow Country, it kind of scared me to read about geishas.
Again, thanks to Emily for tagging me! I had lots of fun doing this tag!
Check out my previous post on Reading Slumps, here!