Well, summer’s finally here and because I will be starting college in August, I have a longer summer than usual which I will use to my full advantage. This TBR is very tentative and I don’t know how many of these I’ll actually get through, but I am hoping to get through most. For any series I will be reading, I will not be mentioning each book, but the series name. I will also mention if a book or series is a re-read. Without further ado, let’s get started!
- The first book I need to finish is A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. This is the sequel to A Court of Thorns and Roses, and this is one of my anticipated reads for the year. I just started Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard, so after this, I will move on to ACOMAF.
- I also need to finish the I Heart series by Lindsey Kelk. I just finished the third book, and I only have two books left. This series is so hilarious, and another reason why I’m convinced that adult books aren’t as drab as I think they might be.
- I will be re-reading the Harry Potter series because I don’t remember anything that happened and this series is just a gem and I’ve been planning on re-reading this series for a while. I finished this series for the first time when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 released which was ages ago. I will be re-reading this as part of the HPReadathon that begins 6th of June. This readathon is taking place in anticipation of J.K. Rowling’s new play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- I will also be re-reading The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare because it is my favorite series but I don’t remember much and I really want to read about Tessa, Jem and Will again.
- There are a lot of new series that I really want to start. The first one is Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I have been meaning to read this series since October last year but I never got around to it. I finally decided to buy the ebook and I’m so excited to read this series! I have really high expectations for this series after all the amazing things I’ve heard from my friends and on BookTube.
- Another new series I want to start is The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I bought Cinder last summer but I never actually got around to reading it. I haven’t read sci-fi, except for The Martian which I absolutely loved, so I feel like Cinder is a good place to start.
- Another series I hope to start is The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski. Again, I bought the book last summer so I’m hoping to read it sometime soon.
- Another book I bought last summer but never got around to reading is Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, which I’ve heard a lot of mixed things about so let’s see how this one goes.
- I’ve really been wanting to get into historical fiction. I’ve only read two historical fictions, both for required reading, so I want to pick up some for pleasure reading. The first book I want to try is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I’ve heard only amazing things about this book and I cannot wait to finally read this book.
- I also really want to read Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. This is also historical fiction but is classified as adult while The Book Thief is young adult, so I really want to see how the genre is dealt with in different age categories.
- I really want to start reading some classics, and I’m really in a Jane Austen mood. I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time in class as part of required reading and it is one of my favorite books. I will re-read it, but I will also be reading Persuasion and Sense & Sensibility.
Those are the books I hope to get to this summer. Obviously, this list is tentative and I may read more, less or all of these books, so keep an eye on my monthly wrap-ups to see what books I actually do read. What books do you plan on reading this summer?
If you liked this post, don’t forget to hit the ‘like’ button! Also, if you’d like to receive more posts like this then don’t forget to subscribe.
I hope you have an awesome summer filled with lots of fun, laughter and reading! I will see you soon with another bookish post, but until then, I hope you have an amazing morning, afternoon or night wherever in the world you may be.